Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 

Margs' Mission


Hi, I'm Margaret,
About myself…a widow of senior age status with four sons and ten delightful grand children who seem to be growing up so quickly.
For 14 years I was the Bowen Independent Collinsville correspondent finishing in 1998.
My life, family history and family generations have been penned and illustrated in a book form for my sons and future generations in the hope that they will know more of their families. Doing this was a most enjoyable piece of work.
Schooling in my day never incorporated learning computer skills; we did the three R’s as is well known.
Since coming to the Collinsville Connect Telecentre I have been compiling all my photos onto CD for future safe keeping.
Going a step further I have made some of there photos into a movie story with music complimenting each generation story. E-mail has been another area experienced.

It is with the superb help of Manager Sue, trainees Kate (2005) Carly (2006) and the volunteers Vanessa and Scott that my project has been accomplished. All have been most obliging and helpful, though I believe they have suffered in quiet at my computer skills, my thanks to these people. Grand children now want their photos put to a movie as they don’t have the set up or time with school studies. It’s called keeping Nana busy and off the street.
My thanks

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?